NodeJS version supported by Edge

vcastro
Participant I

Hi,

Is the node.js v0.10.32 the only version supported by Edge (as described here)?

I'm trying to deploy a nodejs proxy with some modules installed and i'm getting an error which i think is related to the module not working with this node version.

This is the error message:

{
"fault":{
        "faultstring":"Script node executed prematurely: TypeError: Cannot call method "split" of undefined TypeError: Cannot call method "split" of undefined 
    at get_node_abi (\/organization\/environment\/api\/node_modules\/sqlite3\/node_modules\/node-pre-gyp\/lib\/util\/versioning.js:68:0)
    at get_runtime_abi (\/organization\/environment\/api\/node_modules\/sqlite3\/node_modules\/node-pre-gyp\/lib\/util\/versioning.js:87:0)
    at \/organization\/environment\/api\/node_modules\/sqlite3\/node_modules\/node-pre-gyp\/lib\/util\/versioning.js:280:0
    at \/organization\/environment\/api\/node_modules\/sqlite3\/node_modules\/node-pre-gyp\/lib\/pre-binding.js:23:0
    at \/organization\/environment\/api\/node_modules\/sqlite3\/lib\/sqlite3.js:3:0
    at require (module.js:380:0)
    at \/organization\/environment\/api\/index.js:3:0
    at startup (trireme.js:142:0)
    at trireme.js:923:0",
"detail":{
    "errorcode":"scripts.node.runtime.ScriptExitedError"
}
}}

Thanks in advance,

Solved Solved
1 4 986
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

If Node.js version on Trireme becomes an issue. You can try Hosted Targets. It's currently in beta, but pretty much you can use any version of Node.js.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable

If Node.js version on Trireme becomes an issue. You can try Hosted Targets. It's currently in beta, but pretty much you can use any version of Node.js.

@Diego Zuluaga Thanks! I'll try with Hosted Targets!

@Diego Zuluaga hosted targets looks really interesting. We have had problems with npm modules running on trireme and had to resort to using really old versions (yikes!) of those npm modules.

Question 1 - How is hosted targets different from microgateway?

Question 2 - Can hosted targets be used with apigee edge private cloud and on-prem kubernetes cluster?

Question 1: Hosted Targets packages your Node.js code into native runtimes, via containers, and runs them on GCP. Microgateway is just a Node.js application that lets you run a scaled down Edge gateway locally.

Question 2: No. Hosted Targets is cloud only for now.