apigee-all start does not start the services

sydub7

executing apigee-all start command returns the output below and nothing happens. Any help is much appreciated.

+ apigee-service apigee-adminapi start

+ apigee-service apigee-attribution start

+ apigee-service apigee-cassandra start

+ apigee-service apigee-cassandra-client start

+ apigee-service apigee-configutil start

+ apigee-service apigee-lib start

+ apigee-service apigee-openldap

start + apigee-service apigee-provision

start + apigee-service apigee-service start

+ apigee-service apigee-setup start

+ apigee-service apigee-telegraf start

+ apigee-service apigee-validate start

+ apigee-service apigee-zookeeper start

+ apigee-service edge-gateway start

+ apigee-service edge-management-server start

+ apigee-service edge-message-processor start

+ apigee-service edge-router start

+ apigee-service edge-ui start

0 6 705
6 REPLIES 6

Did you every verify logs? What do you see in logs??

/opt/apigee/var/logs/<<component>>/logs

sydub7

Nothing in the logs which in indicates any updates after stopping the services :

here are lines from cassandra:

INFO 13:27:07 Completed flushing /opt/apigee/data/apigee-cassandra/data/system/sstable_activity-5a1ff267ace03f128563cfae6103c65e/system-sstable_activity-tmp-ka-17639-Data.db (0.000KiB) for commitlog position ReplayPosition(segmentId=1520612812926, position=1490964)

INFO 13:27:07 Completed flushing /opt/apigee/data/apigee-cassandra/data/system/size_estimates-618f817b005f3678b8a453f3930b8e86/system-size_estimates-tmp-ka-17803-Data.db (0.000KiB) for commitlog position ReplayPosition(segmentId=1520612812926, position=1490964)

INFO 14:10:20 Stop listening to thrift clients INFO 14:10:20 Stop listening for CQL clients INFO 14:10:20 Announcing shutdown INFO 14:10:20 Node /10.201.65.131 state jump to shutdown INFO 14:10:22 Waiting for messaging service to quiesce

INFO 14:10:22 MessagingService has terminated the accept() thread

Any specific logs should we be seeing ? Its a 2 Node Installation.

There should be some traces as why the services are not starting in logs..

Simply run ps -ef |grep apigee verify if anything is runing?

Also do a clean stop and verify with ps command and start the service by component and verify if possible.

As mentioned earlier you need to verify which components are not running and verify system.logs(depending on component)

eg: /

/opt/apigee/var/logs/edge-message-processor/logs

/opt/apigee/var/logs/edge-router/logs

It will be very hard with out any information like is it the first time you are starting or existing setup which is not working?

open a ticket if problem persists may be the setup was done correct to get assistance.

What user do these apigee component run as? What user did you execute the apigee-all start command ?

Hey guys, did any one find the resolution? I faced the same exact issue and I dont know how to solve.

I made some very deep investigation and found that apigee-service file is empty! inside opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin

I copied it from other place.

good luck