Apigee issue with Target with HttpStatus Code 504

Not applicable

Hi Team,

problem statement is described in attachment.

Please help to de-bug this issue.

0 3 198
3 REPLIES 3

@Anvi

Hi Anvi

This is because the backend (provider) is not able to provide the response in 5 seconds. Please check with the provider team regarding the same. If they say that they are sending it on time then engage network team to see if there is any latency between provider application and apigee. I don't think its an APIGEE issue.

Hi Saransh,

Thanks for your response. No the problem is not the response getting timeout. Its fine if its getting timeout , as i have handled the 504 and 503 in my code and i am making a customized message in a format but the problem is that although that assign message is being used as i can see in trace but the same is not reflecting on my postman. On postman i m getting html response.

Can you provide a sample attachment as what you are trying as it is very hard to understand what you are testing.

What I understand is if there is a target failure & receive 504 you need to send custom response been sent back? correct?

Try adding below fault rule condition in target endpoint and see if it helps.Change your assign message according (replace Assign-ErrorResponse with your assignment)

eg:Some times if the response from backend is HTML you will see the same ..

<FaultRules>
<FaultRule name="customFault">
<Condition>(response.status.code = 504)</Condition>
<Step>
<Name>Assign-ErrorResponse</Name>
</Step>
</FaultRule>
</FaultRules>