One of the router is not listening VHost ports

Hi,
We have on premises installation having 2 DCs. Each DC has 2 RMP nodes.
I'm facing issue on one RMP. Its status is OK. Wait_for_ready is OK. but still not listening for ports 9001 and 9002. That's why it's not receiving traffic from my LB. While other RMPs are working fine.

When i compare its nginx/conf.d folder with other RMPs, it does not have any conf file for my virtual hosts.

9001 and 9002 ports are not there in netstat results for this RMP neither i'm able to telnet. While its working fine for other RMPs.

1. how can i further troubleshoot this problem?
  2. Can i take router backup on one node and restore it on another?
1 4 590
4 REPLIES 4

Check below operations guide see if

https://docs.apigee.com/files/ApigeeEdgePrivateCloud-Operations-Guide_v4.pdf

Page 36 (step 3 on wards) for some basic validation..

Also

Verify your VH setup details from UI..

Check your classification tree & see what entries you see(header.host matches)

curl -v localhost:8082/v1/classification/tree

If everything is fine it should listen and show up in netstat & it should work else post some logs as it will be hard to triage with out any details..

anarjinary
Participant II

hello @Abdullah Ahmed,

Could you find what is causing this? We are having similar issue.

THanks.

Hi @anarjinary@wiley.com

Yes, In our case, it was an issue with some Cassandra nodes. We have 3 nodes of cassandra in each DC. 2 nodes were down in one DC. That's why RMPs of that DC were unable to fetch Virtual hosts information from Cassandra and Nginx was not listening on VH ports.

Hi All,

In our case, root cause of this issue was Cassandra.
When your router (Nginx) does not fetch Virtual Hosts information from Cassandra, this issue occurs.
We have 3 nodes of Cassandra in one DC. 2 of them were down.

That's why routers of this DC were unable to fetch VH information and Nginx was not listening on VH ports.