Best Practice for consuming APIs of one Organization from another ?

Are there any recommended Best Practices for consuming APIs of one Organization from another - couple of tactical approaches could be deploy both the APIs in one org OR some tweaks at app level to deal with the target APIs - is there a cleaner/refined approach any of you have dealt with ?

0 6 186
6 REPLIES 6

When you say organization - do you mean Business Organization or Apigee Organization

I was referring to APIGEE Organization

Apigee Organizations are a way to manage multi tenancy on Apigee. Once an API is exposed, the organization which exposed the endpoint doesn't really matter. At that point, it is only an HTTP Endpoint accessible over a URL.

With that said, I didn't really understand these parts of your question "couple of tactical approaches could be deploy both the APIs in one org OR some tweaks at app level to deal with the target APIs"

Any practice deemed "best" for accessing an HTTP endpoint would apply in this case.

Or am i misunderstanding your question?

@rmishra - Thanks for your input however I was refering to the use case where in i have an API in one tenant/org that needs to invoke API in other tenant/org. Since both this tenants will require different API keys (preferred path) i am looking for way to wire these two APIs without redeploying the API (to host both APIs in same org) OR making any changes at app level [both of this are the tactical appraoches that i stated above] . hope that clarifies on the problem statement - please let me know if otherwise

So,lets deconstruct your response because i still do not understand it.

"I was refering to the use case where in i have an API in one tenant/org that needs to invoke API in other tenant/org" - Understood

"Since both this tenants will require different API keys (preferred path)" - I am confused, tenants don't require API Keys, API's do (if the verification is enabled). The API keys are provisioned at a Developer App Level.

"I am looking for way to wire these two APIs without redeploying the API (to host both APIs in same org):" - So, we were talking about API access, how does deployment come into play? Clueless here..

Maybe i am being dense..and someone else will understand exactly what you are asking..It would help to highlight your business use case..

@rmishra - looks like we are deviating way off the actual issue/ask 🙂 let me try simplify the problem statement, would you (or any one else who is following this thread) mind sharing your thoughts on what you understood in terms of best practice ("I was refering to the use case where in i have an API in one tenant/org that needs to invoke API in other tenant/org" - Understood)?