management api called externally

can i call management API locally (like from my own local java code)?

I will be using my internal client id and secret

Solved Solved
0 3 233
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, you can call the Apigee Edge management APIs from other clients, like from Java, or nodejs, or Powershell, or curl, or etc.

Regarding the error you are seeing, I suspect you are using TLS1.0, which is not supported by the api.enterprise.apigee.com endpoint. You need to upgrade to TLS1.2. See here for more information about the error you are seeing in your Java client code.

About "using my internal client id and secret" - you can use the well-known client id and secret, and your own username + password to get a token, as described here. Or, you can use a basic auth header with just your username + password.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

https://api.enterprise.apigee.com/v1/organizations/{our_org}/oauth2/search?limit=100&enduser={userid...

header: Authorization Basic

this gives me the error:

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Connection has been shutdown: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake

Yes, you can call the Apigee Edge management APIs from other clients, like from Java, or nodejs, or Powershell, or curl, or etc.

Regarding the error you are seeing, I suspect you are using TLS1.0, which is not supported by the api.enterprise.apigee.com endpoint. You need to upgrade to TLS1.2. See here for more information about the error you are seeing in your Java client code.

About "using my internal client id and secret" - you can use the well-known client id and secret, and your own username + password to get a token, as described here. Or, you can use a basic auth header with just your username + password.

Thanks for the help