Analytics report on shared flow errors

Not applicable

Need to create a custom analytics report where I can capture Shared flow errors. If anyone has implemented same please help.

Any idea on same are also welcome.

0 3 207
3 REPLIES 3

rmishra
Participant V

Can you elaborate? Are you talking about Programmer Errors or Operational Errors? What are the conditions under which your shared flows would error?

It can be any error. For example , I have used some policy in shared flow like auth, quota etc or may b i have used some java callouts and it fails there. I want to capture the errors which are only caused by shared flow in the analytics report.

rmishra
Participant V

I think you need to think about this from a different perspective. No one except the developer cares about the location of the error (whether it happened in a shared flow or the proxy itself). If your auth shared flow fails, send back an HTTP error code 401/403 (depending on authentication/authorization failure).Define a statistics collector policy to capture response code and create your analytics report to capture that dimension.

If you care so much about quota violations enough to make it a report, create a apigee context variable when the quota is violated , then create a statistics collector to use the context variable. Theoretically, you could use this approach for your requirement but i really wouldn't.

In my opinion, your requirement as originally stated isn't a problem an analytics report should solve.