Microgateway and docker

Not applicable

Hello!!

Need your help!!. I have three questions -

1) Can we have Edge Micro gateway for Private Edge? Like have On premise Message Processor(On premise) in one place and Analytics(on premise) hosted in another place.

2) Can we dockerize Apigee Microgateway?

3) Can we dockerize Apigee Private Edge? .

Solved Solved
0 5 669
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rmishra
Participant V
  • Yes, you can install a Microgateway and wire it to a Private Edge Instance. But should you do it with a private cloud ? Depends on your use case , API and network trust boundaries . If you are willing to explain why your regular Edge Installation doesn't suffice(or the requirements which necessiate a microgateway) , you may be able to get a more informed answer.
  • Yes you can, but it is quite an effort in engineering.You will need to understand the set up of each component, its dependencies and requirements and plot it all out. I'd wait for Apigee to create and certify such an offering. But if you are feeling motivated enough, go for it..and please do share your journey

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

rmishra
Participant V
  • Yes, you can install a Microgateway and wire it to a Private Edge Instance. But should you do it with a private cloud ? Depends on your use case , API and network trust boundaries . If you are willing to explain why your regular Edge Installation doesn't suffice(or the requirements which necessiate a microgateway) , you may be able to get a more informed answer.
  • Yes you can, but it is quite an effort in engineering.You will need to understand the set up of each component, its dependencies and requirements and plot it all out. I'd wait for Apigee to create and certify such an offering. But if you are feeling motivated enough, go for it..and please do share your journey

Update on point 2: the official image is now available via:

docker pull gcr.io/apigee-microgateway/edgemicro:latest

Not applicable

Try Rajesh's suggestions first. And if you want to try other Docker images, this one also worked for me. The trick was to set the right volumes. https://apigee.com/about/blog/api-technology/running-apigee-edge-microgateway-docker-container

Not applicable

@Diego Zuluaga I would suggest that the dated blog posts be updated to reflect the latest git repo locations. Specifically the article found here:

https://apigee.com/about/blog/api-technology/tutorial-deploying-apigee-edge-microgateway

Piecing together all the various articles is difficult to follow and error prone.

Hopefully the next person in line to won't have to jump through so many hoops to get this product built and installed and running in a Docker container.