Expose Cache Management API Call for On Premises Edge

Hello ,

I am trying to Call the Cache Management API call from outside the edge environment for On-Premises , but i am getting 404 Not Found . But the API can be called with the Edge Environment using the Management Server IP .

So how can we expose these management API calls so that they can be invoked from outside edge environment ?

Regards,

0 3 181
3 REPLIES 3

It seems to me that you are trying to call a management API as if it was a proxy. It is not and that is why you get a 404.

You can certainly wrap the management API with a proxy but i am pondering on the use case for such a requirement.

Based on what you are describing, you will end up giving clients a Caching API but there are so many better ways to do that.

If your goal is to check on the cache from an administration perspective(no need for outside clients to call it), just use the Management server DNS to make the Cache API call - you should not need to wrap it within a proxy.

Either way, if you can, please take the time to talk about your use case - you may be able to get a better answer

Hello ,

Thanks for the response . Management API i was trying to access was not accessible , because of firewall issues .

Regards,

Interesting, if it was a firewall, i'd expect the call to hang and the socket to time out..instead of a 404..
But as long as you figured it out..