Sending Mail using Java callout in 4.17.09,Send mail using java callout in 4.17.09 is not working.

sairm325
Participant I

Hi All,

Sending mail using SMTP protocol in 4.17.09 private edge cloud is not working, same java call-out is working in 4.15 version of private edge cloud.

Please help me where i was doing wrong.

Below is the error response,

Unable to locate provider for protocol: smtps

Thanks.

Hi All,

With the help of Java callout, we are sending mail through smtp protocol in 4.15 version of API Edge UI. Same Java call-out is not working in 4.17.09.

Please help me out where i was doing wrong.

I'm facing the below error,

Unable to locate provider for protocol: smtps

Solved Solved
0 5 443
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sairm325
Participant I

Hi All,

Issue got resolved by including the ResourceURL tags to JavaCallout policy in API proxy. Please find the below mentioned JAVA call-out which is working perfectly fine to my use case.

<Properties/> <ClassName>com.email.TriggerEmail</ClassName> <ResourceURL>java://javax.mail-1.4.5.jar</ResourceURL> <ResourceURL>java://activation.jar</ResourceURL> <ResourceURL>java://TriggerEmail.jar</ResourceURL>

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Have you tried adding the dependency JARs listed in the article below to your proxy or to your Edge install?

https://stackoverflow.com/a/11040956/48082

triggeremail-source-from-jdcore.zipActually the attached Java callout is being used and i tried to include the above mentioned Javax jar files in java callout's using IncludeURL tag but it is giving error while saving the proxy.

Please help me with the path where i can include the Jar files in edge install path.

I am trying to achieve similar in edge cloud instance. and getting error access denied ("java.util.PropertyPermission" "*" "read,write") @Dino-at-Google is it possible send smtp email in edge cloud using java callout?

As far as I know, NO, it is not possible. Better to use a webhook to trigger the email outbound.

sairm325
Participant I

Hi All,

Issue got resolved by including the ResourceURL tags to JavaCallout policy in API proxy. Please find the below mentioned JAVA call-out which is working perfectly fine to my use case.

<Properties/> <ClassName>com.email.TriggerEmail</ClassName> <ResourceURL>java://javax.mail-1.4.5.jar</ResourceURL> <ResourceURL>java://activation.jar</ResourceURL> <ResourceURL>java://TriggerEmail.jar</ResourceURL>