Which cloud does APigee Edge platform hosted on

Not applicable

Hello,

I would like to know in which cloud environment is Apigee Edge platform hosted?

We have our application instances running in Google cloud for the first release and subsequently they will be deployed in AWS and Azure.

whether the cloud in which Apigee edge platform is hosted would affect above ordering for my products?

0 3 3,667
3 REPLIES 3

@Pushkar Deole ,

Apigee Edge is available in 4 Deployment models,

• Apigee Edge Cloud - SaaS
    • We manage infra, upgrades, SLA. Customer focusses on building APIs.
    • Apigee Edge SaaS - Available on GCP & AWS regions. Customer will pick the region based on their preference.
    • In general, Many customers concerned about network latencies (time it takes to reach API from Apigee to Backend) between Apigee Edge & Backend though it's few milli seconds.
    • In general, Customers prefer Apigee on same cloud as backends because of network latencies.
  • Apigee Edge OPDK - OnPremises
    • We license Apigee Software to you. You will install complete Apigee Platform on your compute choice. It can be private cloud / public cloud like AWS, Azure, GCP where you mange the infra / private data centers / set of machines.
    • Requirements is VMs with CentoOs / Redhat. You can check for Apigee Software Requirements in docs.
    • You will mange infra, upgrades, patches, SLA.
  • Apigee Edge Microgateway - Hybrid
    • Runtime gateway in OnPremise. Apigee API Analytics, Management, Developer Portal on cloud.
  • Apigee Edge - OPDK - MultiCloud
    • Apigee Edge platform is built on distributed architecture.
    • You can have gateways / routers running on multiple clouds near to their workloads, Have a single Management UI, Analytics, Developer Portal for managing different APIs running on different cloud.

Any reason why you are planning to move out of GCP ?

Just FYI, Apigee is part of Google & Google Cloud.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted moving forward if any.

-------------------------------

Anil Sagar

5997-screen-shot-2017-11-23-at-75916-pm.png Learn Apigee Concepts in 4 Minutes HandsOn

@Anil Sagar @ Google

Isn't Apigee Edge - OPDK -Multicloud an enhanced version of Apigee Edge Microgateway Hybrid?

When you say - you can have gateways/routers running on multiple clouds near to your workloads, do you mean deploy your Apigee Edge Microgateway in the cloud of your choice (private or public managed by you)?

If that is the case, is there a plan to enhance the capabilities of Microgateway in future? As it stands today everything works with a plugin model which has very limited coverage compared to what I can achieve with a full-fledged Apigee Edge developed and deployed proxy.

Can I have a hybrid model where I have Apigee Edge running in Apigee Edge cloud and one (or more) Apigee Edge OPDK installed either on-premise or my cloud of choice and make them work in a true multi cloud fashion where deployment is in multiple clouds but analytics, monitoring and other services in one central place (say Apigee Edge cloud)?

simonxuan
Participant II

Similar question. Wondering about the efficiency and security feature using microgateway with plugins from AWS, Azure and on-Promises with Edge Cloud.