Developer portal (New Edge) - Product Spec access permissions

liorkarol
Participant I

Let's assume I'm managing two different API products.

Product A - contains private sensitive endpoints and elements (used for internal use).

Product B - Do not contain sensitive endpoints and elements (used for public use).

For the products above, I have created two different specs respectively.

I would like to use one portal (where registered users only will be able to see the product specs)

Is it possible to create a restriction on developer portal (New Edge) that only specific registered users will be able to see the spec of Product A? Or even be aware the Product A exists?

What is the practice to share product specs with different permissions?

0 2 337
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Lior,

You can restrict access to API documents using the Managed Audience dialog. You can access this dialog from the API list in a portal, via the action icon that looks like an eye (had a hard time getting a screenshot of this as it requires hovering over the modified column). When you click that icon the following dialog will open:

6767-audience.png

From here you can restrict document access to Registered users only.

The same restrictions can be applied to individual pages as well. You can access that restriction from the Page detail section.

Hi @myara

Thanks for reply.

Once the portal is live and shared publicly, what will prevent users to register and see the "hidden" spec? Seems like everyone can register to the portal and see the API spec. Is there a way to approve the registration?