Configuring SMTP Email Response on Devportal

rufino
Participant I

Hello

I am unable to receive e-mail notifications from new subcribers. I am configuring the SMTP e-mail following the instructions available here:

https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/publish/drupal/configuring-email

However, when after configuring my gmail server, I am using these settings:

1) SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com

2) SMTP port: 465

3) Used encrypted Protocol: SSL

4) Finally I added my credentials on SMTP Authentication

What is missing?

0 7 340
7 REPLIES 7

@Paulo Henrique ,

Can you test an email with debug option in the same configurations screen ? What do you see ?

Also, Can you check log reports under Reports >> Recent Log Messages ? Also, Check your spam folder once.

-------------------------------

Anil Sagar

5997-screen-shot-2017-11-23-at-75916-pm.png Learn Apigee Concepts in 4 Minutes HandsOn

Hi Anil,

I have tried and I am still getting errors from different types.

They are two of SMTP and one related to e-mail:

6740-logs.jpg

Do you know whatelse should I do?

@Paulo Henrique That error that starts with "phpmailerException" looks pretty important, I would click on that and get the details.

The error message describes that I could not connect to the host. However, I have typed my correct e-mail and password.

Please see more details below:

phpmailerException: SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host. in PHPMailer->SmtpConnect() (line 810 of /srv/bindings/a9fd30fb8e744d3a82b706e4c0b2a0f0/code/profiles/apigee/modules/contrib/smtp/smtp.phpmailer.inc).

Hello to all. Finally, I resolved this issue. All I had to do was to disable and enable again the SMTP module. After this procedure I reconfigured again my SMTP server and I added the e-mail and password.

This is something that has been flagged in this discussion: https://www.drupal.org/project/smtp/issues/2839456

In fact, what we have here is a bug.

Thanks for your guidance.

Paulo

sudhap
Participant III

Hi @Paulo Henrique

Even after disabling and enabling it , the same error is displayed. Any other suggestion to overcome this.