KVM Store - Response time blowout

Not applicable

Hi all,

We are seeing blowouts when trying to write to our KVM Store. Our usual process completes in <500ms. As of approximately 24 hours ago, this changed immediately without warning. Following a request trace shows that the time to write to the KVM is now closer to 55 seconds, whilst the rest of the flow is still lightning quick.

Can we please have someone investigate what is causing this issue.

Thanks

0 7 329
7 REPLIES 7

WOW! That's unacceptable. I cannot diagnose this here.

Do you have a commercial Apigee Edge service? If so, you need to open a support ticket immediately to get this addressed.

It's possible the delay you described is no longer happening. Even if that is the case, if I were you, I would want to open a support ticket to ask for a root-cause-analysis of that behavior.

@Dino we do have a commercial Apigee Edge service but with community support only so we can't open a support ticket. The delay is still happening which is preventing our app from working.

Can you give us any further guidance?

Sam: Let me look.

Our support team has looked into the situation. It seems we DID see a problem with BaaS latency, but not with KVM latency. Does that jive with your observation?

They've since fixed the problem.

@Dino @DinoChiesa-at-Google We did see the BAAS latency but that didn't cause us much of a problem. The KVM problem is continuing.

This problem is continuing. Calls to 'Set KVM Metadata' are taking just over 55 seconds to return.

Hi Dino, I have attached a screenshot showing you the specifics from a trace. It shows the elapsed time of the whole request to be 55055ms, and the specific policy that sets the data in the KVM to be 55024ms.

As a side note, the call consistently takes around 55 seconds every time. This app has been running unchanged by us for a long time, the 55 second wait appeared as per the original post about 4/5 days ago so to us it does appear to be an issue with KVM.

6726-screenshot-2018-04-09-100814.png