Set Values dynamically using assign message policy

Hi

We want to assign different values for the same variable using Assign message policy. I do understand we can achieve this using JS.

Just want to know is there a way to achieve this using Assign message policy.

Thanks

Solved Solved
1 1 2,548
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

no, I don;'t think so. If I understand your question correctly, you cannot do that with AssignMessage.

There is no possibility to include conditional logic in an AssignMessage policy.

If you need conditional logic, you should embed it in the JavaScript policy, or in Condition elements in the proxy flow. With the latter approach you would use multiple distinct AssignMessage policies, each one gated by the appropriate Condition element.

More on Condition elements here.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

no, I don;'t think so. If I understand your question correctly, you cannot do that with AssignMessage.

There is no possibility to include conditional logic in an AssignMessage policy.

If you need conditional logic, you should embed it in the JavaScript policy, or in Condition elements in the proxy flow. With the latter approach you would use multiple distinct AssignMessage policies, each one gated by the appropriate Condition element.

More on Condition elements here.