Unable to deploy and also unable to get the output of 3-Legged OAuth

Not applicable

I followed the demo given in the Github example, but still I am not getting output and my applications are not deployed.

1 15 346
15 REPLIES 15

Hi, can you please provide the error messages you are seeing when you try to deploy the api proxy?

Hi Samir -- A recent change to the deploy script for the login-app may be causing a problem for you. In the README instructions, go to the section "Configure and deploy the login project", then, under "Configure the project", do steps 1 & 2 to install the Node dependencies for the project. Then, try deploying the login-app as described. If you still have problems, please post more error details as suggested above.

I got the out put as-Cannot GET / during running the Api Proxy of login-app

@Samir Kanta Lenka I'm sorry you're having problems with the oauth-advanced sample. I was just able to deploy and run it successfully, although I made a few updates to the README where I thought some information was missing or unclear, fyi.

Please provide more information. Commands you are running. exact output you observe, etc. cut-and-paste your terminal output.

http://samirkantalenka-test.apigee.net/oauth2/app

from Apigee Edge Dashboard Igot this error.

Hi @Dino could you please share your emailid so that I can able to reach to solve my errors.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Hey @Samir Kanta Lenka is it possible for you to run the trace tool take a snapshot of what is happening in the proxy when you invoke the URL?

@Prithpal Bhogill - I think Samir said he has not been able to deploy the API Proxy. In which case the trace tool won't work.

@Samir Kanta Lenka - if you could just paste the information here, I'd appreciate it. Is it possible for you to do that?

Not applicable

Hi @Dino, @Prithpal Bhogill and @wwitman these are the error messages screenshots after deploying the project

Hi Samir,

Just looking at the oauth2 proxy, something doesn't look right. There's no /app resource associated with it. So, this is confusing. Here's what I recommend -- let's try to get just the oauth2 proxy deployed successfully:

1. Be sure you have cloned or updated to the latest version of the oauth-advanced project from GitHub.

2. Be sure you have done the steps in "Before you start" in the README. You need to enter required setup information in ../../setup/setenv.sh.

3. Delete the oauth2 proxy from your org.

4. Go to the README for this sample and follow the instructions in the section called "Configure and Deploy the oauth2 proxy". Be sure to enter all the configuration information carefully.

5. Go to Edge UI and see if the proxy is deployed. It should look like the attached screenshot.

Not applicable

Hi @wwitman I did the same what you sugested this is my output page.I got some errors.

Hi Samir,

Okay, you're making good progress. You seem to have the oauth2 proxy deployed correctly.

I have some more suggestions:

1. Your API call to oauth2 is failing because it's really out of context with the overall example. That authorization endpoint requires a bunch of parameters that you're not providing, but that the example does provide programmatically when you set it up and call it correctly.

2. Now that you've successfully deployed oauth2, you need to go through the instructions and make sure the other three proxies are deployed properly.

3. Then, follow the instructions in the README that explain how to run the example. Behind the scenes, the example code builds URLs to call the various OAuth endpoints, finally resulting in an access token.

It's a complicated example, but that reflects on the way the OAuth authorization code flow works. For more information, you can also check out this doc topic:

http://apigee.com/docs/api-services/content/oauth-v2-policy-authorization-code-grant-type

I also think that the following topic is helpful, because it shows you exactly how to call each of the authorization endpoints in the auth code flow. However, in the sample you're trying to run, all of these details are handled in the example code -- you'd need to study the code and the README to understand how things fit together.

http://apigee.com/docs/api-services/content/asking-tokens

You can also read a good overview of the auth code flow in the OAuth2 spec itself:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6749

Not applicable

Hi @wwitman Thanks for your Suggetions.Could you please suggest me what are the steps I should follow to get the exact output of 3-Legged OAuth.I already followed the steps which are there in Github but I am not getting the expected output.The screen which I am getting after deploying the Application.

Hi Samir,

From the screenshot, it looks like the webserver-app is not deployed. It needs to be deployed, so I recommend deleting it and then following the instructions under "Configure and deploy the webserver-app project" in the project README to redeploy it. Be sure to correctly configure the SetConfigurationVariables.xml and HTMLIndex.xml files before you deploy. It's real easy to miss one of the config properties, or make a typo.

If you continue having problems, I'd go back and make sure each of the four proxies is correctly configured and deployed (which you can check in the Edge UI). If you're unsure, just delete the proxy in the Edge UI, check the configuration on your local system, and be sure it's correct according the README, then redeploy it.

Please let me know how it goes,

Will