Problem Deploying the edge-developer-training-backend proxy and dependencies

Not applicable

I'm having a problem deploying the Edge Developer Training Backend Proxy in the Coursera Apigee course.

When I run the npm install, and then load my org, env, etc. (node setup -u sXXXXXXX@gmail.com -p XXXXXXX -o sXXXXXXXr-eval -e test -f apigee-developer-trainin-XXXXX.firebaseio.com

then i get the following warnings/errors:

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures}

Modified files:

(node:1754) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: spawn mvn ENOENT

at _errnoException (util.js:1022:11)

at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:190:19)

at onErrorNT (internal/child_process.js:372:16)

at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:138:11)

at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:180:9)

at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:695:11)

at startup (bootstrap_node.js:188:16)

at bootstrap_node.js:609:3

(node:1754) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)

(node:1754) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

(node:1754) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: spawn mvn ENOENT

at _errnoException (util.js:1022:11)

at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:190:19)

at onErrorNT (internal/child_process.js:372:16)

at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:138:11)

at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:180:9)

at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:695:11)

at startup (bootstrap_node.js:188:16)

at bootstrap_node.js:609:3

(node:1754) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 2)

I have nodejs 8.10 installed on my machine, and am using the Apache Maven 3.5.3.

Any help figuring this out would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 8 606
8 REPLIES 8

HI @Sean Miller

I tried using the Node 8.10 and it worked for me.

Not applicable

Hi @Sai Saran Vaidyanathan,

Thanks for responding. It's not automatically populating the api proxies in Apigee and I'm still not sure why these errors are occurring. Could there be something else that I'm missing that's causing this deployment error?

Can you confirm you have mvn installed correctly, can you provide the output of "mvn --version" from your terminal ?

Also can you provide your npm version ? Run "npm -v"

Thanks @Sai Saran Vaidyanathan. I didn't have mvn installed correctly. I now have it installed correctly and the npm install worked and the build was successful. That automatically populated the API Proxies in Apigee Edge. So I know that worked.

Now I'm trying to test my Products API Proxy in Postman and I'm getting this error:

{ "fault": { "faultstring": "APIProxy revision 1 of Products does not exist in environment test of organization sXXXXXXXXXr-eval", "detail": { "errorcode": "messaging.runtime.ApplicationNotFound" } } }

I checked in Apigee Edge and I see that I have a green status for Revision 1 of Products. I'm not sure how to resolve this error. Does this make sense to you?

When I keep trying to get the response in Postman, sometimes I get this error too:

{ "fault": { "faultstring": "APIProxy revision 1 of edge-developer-training-backend does not exist in environment test of organization sXXXXXXXXr-eval", "detail": { "errorcode": "messaging.runtime.ApplicationNotFound" } } }

Did you try undeploying and deploying the proxy ?

I did. And then I just kept trying it and after a while it worked and I got the response. Thank you for your help.

Glad its resolved. Could have a temporary issue. Please let us know if you have issues.

Not applicable

Try restarting your terminal after configuring the path for java and maven