Can assign message sent application/octet-stream?

Not applicable

I have to call face recognition from microsoft API and the content-type must be application/octet-stream (must be binary data)

I tried to sent request by curl command outside APIGEE with using picture and this way was successful.

I tried to sent request by node.js outside APIGEE with base64 and this way was successful.

I tried to assign payload in assign message from binary request but I got error from microsoft (Decoding error, image format unsupported.).

*all of data I sent is from the same picture

My questions is:

1. Can Assign Message sent application/octet-stream?

1.1 If cannot, how can i send the request with http proxy by using node.js

2. I want to know where can I see curl command. If I send request with application/octet-stream, I cannot see curl command in trace session.

3. Can I get variable from node.js to do another thing? Like context.getVariable("") in javascript

Solved Solved
0 2 800
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No, you cannot assign binary data to the message content using the AssignMessage policy.

You can use nodejs within Apigee Edge. Consult the documentation and examples to learn more.

I don't know what you mean by "I want to know where can I see curl command" .

You can read variables from within nodejs using the apigee-access module. Consult the documentation for information.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

No, you cannot assign binary data to the message content using the AssignMessage policy.

You can use nodejs within Apigee Edge. Consult the documentation and examples to learn more.

I don't know what you mean by "I want to know where can I see curl command" .

You can read variables from within nodejs using the apigee-access module. Consult the documentation for information.

I've seen these documents.

"I want to know where can I see curl command" Actually I ask about button "Show Curl" in trace session. But I already knew the answer.

Thanks in advance.