The Model disappears when changing the Management Server URL

The context : I have a devPortal (Drupal + Smartdocs) on-premise. We have had to create a completely new Apigee infrastructure. All data have been migrated by using the apigee-migrate-tool

The need : I have now to reconfigure the devPortal to be linked with the new Management Server

The problem/bug : after changing the URL by the new one, the models previously imported in the devPortal disappeared. It's impossible to get them back through the devPortal.

So : How to restore the models ?

Solved Solved
0 1 154
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The problem comes initially from the apigee-migrate-tool.

This tool doesn't export/import the resources "apimodels" and the subresources. So my new infrastructure is incomplete. These resources are required by the devPortal to link to the models.

A painful solution (not tested, not sure it will work) :

If I have enough time, I'll do an issue on the apigee-migrate-tool Github.

An friendly solution :

• Before changing the management server url : export each API Model from the devPortal as "Smartdocs JSON" file.
  • After updating the management server url :
    • re-create a new model with exactly the same name.
    • re-import your JSON Smartdocs files.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

The problem comes initially from the apigee-migrate-tool.

This tool doesn't export/import the resources "apimodels" and the subresources. So my new infrastructure is incomplete. These resources are required by the devPortal to link to the models.

A painful solution (not tested, not sure it will work) :

If I have enough time, I'll do an issue on the apigee-migrate-tool Github.

An friendly solution :

• Before changing the management server url : export each API Model from the devPortal as "Smartdocs JSON" file.
  • After updating the management server url :
    • re-create a new model with exactly the same name.
    • re-import your JSON Smartdocs files.