Configuring SMTP server in Developer portal

Not applicable

Hi All,

Can someone suggest any other secured way of connecting to SMTP server in VPN from APIGEE edge cloud, apart from the basic SSL/TLS encryption at regular port of SMTP authentication module.

Portal currently hosted on Acquia server.

Regards,

Pratyush

0 3 497
3 REPLIES 3

ok, I understand You want something other than SMTP. Can you explain why SMTP is not appropriate or acceptable? What problem are we solving?

Also, I don't understand the "VPN from Apigee Edge cloud" part. I think the portal is the thing that gets the SMTP config, and it runs in Acquia, not in the Apigee Edge cloud - in other words the portal server is not directly managed by Apigee. So if there is a VPN involved, it wouldn't be a VPN in the Apigee Edge cloud.

Anyway, I'm interested in more details.

Not applicable

Hi @Dino,

Apologies for the wrong statement. You're right its the connection from developer portal not apigee edge cloud.

For connecting to SMTP server from dev portal we have the SMTP authorization module. Which contains basic server details with user name and password. Additionally we have 2 options as SSL/TLS.

Apart from this basic config what else can be done for providing a secure channel between dev portal hosted on acquia to the SMTP server in our private network.

Thanks

Nothing more. If you prefer not to use your own SMTP server, there are external SMTP servers you can use. For example if you use Gmail for corporate email, there is a SMTP Server option.