Load Testing of Proxies, Proxies are secured via oauth2

Hi @arghya das

Our testing team want to perform Load Testing on backend API's via apigee proxies. We have proxies configured for backend API's and proxies are secured via oauth2. The challenge is our oauth token generation via oauth2 is authorization-code grant-type. How I can generate 1000 token and perform the load testing by generating access_token with oauth2 proxy (authorization-code).

Solved Solved
0 2 265
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I don't know a good way to do that, other than automating browser interactions, with something like selenium . Your other alternative is to employ a separate token dispensing endpoint JUST FOR TESTING, where it uses password grant. Then your test code can send in all the necessary creds to the /token endpoint, receive a token via password grant, and proceed with automated tests.

This latter approach decouples the tests of the "authorization code" token dispenser from the tests of the token validation for the regular APIs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I don't know a good way to do that, other than automating browser interactions, with something like selenium . Your other alternative is to employ a separate token dispensing endpoint JUST FOR TESTING, where it uses password grant. Then your test code can send in all the necessary creds to the /token endpoint, receive a token via password grant, and proceed with automated tests.

This latter approach decouples the tests of the "authorization code" token dispenser from the tests of the token validation for the regular APIs.

Thanks @Dino, I used the same approach. I created one end-point of password grant-type and created token using new endpoint via scripts and than used those tokens for further testing.