Integration of Apigee to Tableau

Not applicable

Hi Guys. I had a question regarding Apigee integration with an BI tool like Tableau. Can we do that and can any one help me? I wanted to make a report so that we can have an automated view of all report.

Solved Solved
1 11 1,574
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mpurwar
Participant IV

We are leveraging the management API calls to fetch all the analytics data from both SaaS and On Premise into a Data store. Then we connect the Tableau BI to datastore and create collective reports and dashboards for all the APIs within the Enterprise API program for the Sr. management. Let me know, if you want more details on the solution.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Good question! Let me find someone who can give you a proper answer.

mpurwar
Participant IV

We are leveraging the management API calls to fetch all the analytics data from both SaaS and On Premise into a Data store. Then we connect the Tableau BI to datastore and create collective reports and dashboards for all the APIs within the Enterprise API program for the Sr. management. Let me know, if you want more details on the solution.

Great @Mudit Kumar . Is it possible for you to create an article and post so that it can also help others in need? Thank you !

Thanks Mudit. I want more details on it. Is it Possible we can connect so that I can explore more.

Hi - I am also interested in the best way to do this. Thanks, David

Por favor necesitamos saber más de esta solución ya que necesitamos integrar Apigee con Tableau

Al aire libre

Former Community Member
Not applicable

We also have the same requirement. What kind of data store is being used? Google provided or something else?

@Mudit Purwar, is there any documentation on this?

adamsanchez
Participant II

Do we have as asked already any documentation on this?

I don't think there is any documentation specific to plugging into Tableau.  The documentation for the stats APIs are available here: 

These will give you the data in JSON format which you can then import into whatever store you like.  As far as I know there is no sample tool that does this.  

The stats API is sort of baroque. What I mean is there are a lot of options and sometimes its hard to figure out exactly what parameters to pass, to get the data you want. To understand the API better you might want to look at various other examples that use the API. I built a command-line tool in nodejs that summarizes API traffic by proxy and by environment. It makes heavy use of the stats API, obviously. You might want to look at that to get some ideas. Or , search here on community for other guidance.  I've walked people through the stats API before, here in this forum.  There are probably other tools out there, too. 

Will take a look thanks!