Service Callout Policy for logging

Hi ,

Adding this as a question Took reference from here

In case we have to use mutual tls between the connection, will you advice to use JS for the connectivity.

I tried removing the response attribute from service callout as mentioned in the docs here and in trace I can see that the SC is taking less than 2ms and logs are there in splunk.

I had tried with timeout but that didn't help, so tried removing the response attribute.

Should I see this as an asynchronous call? Kindly advice.

Thanks

Solved Solved
1 2 979
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, you should see the ServiceCallout as fire-and-forget.

My original statement in the other answer - saying that it is not possible to make a fire-and-forget ServiceCallout - was incorrect. (I've now edited that answer.) The doc for the policy is correct. If you remove the Response element from the ServiceCallout policy, the API proxy does not wait for the response; instead it continues execution with subsequent flow steps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Yes, you should see the ServiceCallout as fire-and-forget.

My original statement in the other answer - saying that it is not possible to make a fire-and-forget ServiceCallout - was incorrect. (I've now edited that answer.) The doc for the policy is correct. If you remove the Response element from the ServiceCallout policy, the API proxy does not wait for the response; instead it continues execution with subsequent flow steps.

Thank you @Dino for clarifying.