Edgemicro: Microgateway stopped by itself

Hi,

I have deployed a Microgateway on the same environment as where a 1node deployment is deployed. I tested the gateway throughout the day and it was up and running before I left the office, but when I got to the office the next day the Microgateway was down. Nothing was running on port 8000 and after I started the gateway again it worked as before.

Is there any reason for the gateway to shutdown by itself? Can I change the active period of the gateway or how can I check what is causing the gateway to shutdown?

Solved Solved
0 6 148
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Microgateway should be started with background process or a service. Apigee doesn't provide the init.d process for microgateway.

If you are using linux, you can easily start the microgateway in background by running it like -

nohup edgemicro start -o <> -e <> -k <> -s <> -r <port> &

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

How did you start your microgateway, was this run as a background process?

Microgateway should be started with background process or a service. Apigee doesn't provide the init.d process for microgateway.

If you are using linux, you can easily start the microgateway in background by running it like -

nohup edgemicro start -o <> -e <> -k <> -s <> -r <port> &

Thank you for the answer, yesterday before I left I started the Microgateway as recommended above, but when I got to the office in the morning it was down again. I am running the gateway on Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 7. Will the microgateway shut itself down if there is no traffic on it?

Former Community Member
Not applicable

What version of node.js are you running?

current nodejs version is v6.12.3

current edgemicro version is 2.5.12

Former Community Member
Not applicable

That is very strange behavior indeed. No, MG should not shut itself down. I suspect (as mentioned earlier) that MG is not running as a background process.

If you used nohup, the console output goes to nohup.out, can you please show the output of the log here?