Revision does not exist

Not applicable

For the past 5 hours I have been receiving this error intermittently and have found it hard to understand why:

{
   "fault" : {
      "faultstring" : "APIProxy revision 47 of XXXXXX does not exist in environment test of organization rsb-eval",
      "detail" : {
         "errorcode" : "messaging.runtime.ApplicationNotFound"
      }
   }
}

First off, the above-mentioned revision does indeed exist and is deployed (I have tried undeploying and redeploying several times). Moreover, the error is not omnipresent (it occurs about 1 times out of 15 when calling the API proxy).

I'm currently a trial customer, and I have looked into several other existing answers, but none of the solutions have done the job for me. Does anybody know whether Apigee Edge is down, or could it be for some other reason that I'm not seeing?

Solved Solved
0 11 1,073
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Rasmus Sylvester Bryder

Some further information.

Apparently there is a known issue that can lead to this problem. Again, I'm sorry about the trouble. The engineering team have diagnosed the problem and are actively working on a fix. In the meantime, retry is the best workaround.
I believe the issue ID is b/68833699 .

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

I'm sorry about the trouble you're experiencing.

I don't know what the problem might be.

Can you try to remove some of the revisions you're not using, and see if that helps ?

This tool may help:

https://github.com/DinoChiesa/apigee-edge-js/blob/master/examples/cleanOldRevisions.js

Hi Dino - thanks for answering so quickly! I followed your suggestion and removed the first 30 revisions of the proxy, but it still seems to return the error every once in a while (I would say about 1 time out of 20). I have also tried deploying an earlier revision, but the error still persists.

It seems that it may be an issue with my organization rather than just the single proxy - the error reappears if I attempt to call a test copy of the proxy that I made a while ago....

Hi @Rasmus Sylvester Bryder

Some further information.

Apparently there is a known issue that can lead to this problem. Again, I'm sorry about the trouble. The engineering team have diagnosed the problem and are actively working on a fix. In the meantime, retry is the best workaround.
I believe the issue ID is b/68833699 .

Could you please let me know if this is resolved? I am facing the same issue.

It seems so! I managed to obtain access to a co-worker's Apigee account (which thankfully did work) in the meantime.

should be fixed now, can you try undeploying and deploying your proxies that have issues. Please report if you continue to see the error

I tried the following, but still the same issue

• Created a new simple proxy and tried posting a request. Every alternate request is failing (Try posting to http://hannareddy-eval-test.apigee.net/no-target)
  • Undeploy and Redeploy
  • Save as a new version and deploy
  • Delete the proxy and upload again

It does work for me now. Could you tell me what the engineering team found and fixed?

Is there any update on this issue?

Not applicable

Still getting this error about 1/3 of the time: https://apigee-bbcf17c0-eval-test.apigee.net/olivertestproxy