Benefit of Apigee to my setup

Not applicable

i have my environment built on AWS infra, with my mobile application accessing my api through api gateway and triggering lambda functions and writes or reads to my db.

What benefits will apigee offer to my architecture.. i assume cloudfront can offer caching and capacity scaling at entry point and i plan to do this but wondering what more benefits are available. also AWS WAF for security at the entrance .. but i just want to put this out there to see if i overlooked any other items.

thanks

0 4 1,378
4 REPLIES 4

Apigee offers many features that can be interesting when building an API Platform.

• a developer portal
  • advanced API analytics
  • Sense (for BOT detection and remediation)
  • monetization
  • various integration capabilities like XSLT and JS and Java for transformation

If you have a simple setup and your single client talks directly to AWS API Gateway, and you don't need any of the above, then you probably don't need Apigee Edge.

If you have a variety of APIs, a variety of clients built by a variety of developers, if you are adding in new APIs regularly, if you need to modernize SOAP systems, if you want to closely manage and monitor API traffic, if you want to monetize your APIs directly, then maybe Apigee Edge is interesting to you.

Thanks, I Actually have one API with a lot of resources . I would say roughly 60 in all as some have 1 or 2 methods all integrated with 140 lambda functions. can you tell more about analytics , sense and monetisation. any links to share please ? thanks

yes find everything you need at apigee.com

@Ayo Salawu

In addition to all the platform level features @Dino outlined above, here are some of the API level benefits of Apigee over AWS API gateway -

• Caching is available resource/API level
  • No soft limits on resources
  • No throttling on the # of deployments
  • Individual endpoints per service
  • Security or Access Control per API resource
  • Consistent Logging for the APIs with ability to debug with tracing.
  • Analytics for the APIs