Blank specification screen - Spec Crashed (BUG)

Not applicable

Hi, all.

I've been designing a commercial API for the last couple of days and suddenly the spec crashed.

I can't see either the editor nor the visual representation. All I have is a blank screen when accessing the specification.

6498-apigee-bug.jpg

There's no difference whether I access it through different browsers or devices. All the same, I get this blank screen.

This question is directly related to the problem I'm facing - I've added a comment to report my scenario. @myara reported it is indeed a bug and introduced a workaround, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me.

It seems to me that it'll take some time for the fix, and I can't manage to wait for it to continue the design - it's almost finished and I've spent a considerable amount of time on it.

Since the bug is found to be on the interface, is there any chance I could get my spec sent by e-mail? I must recover it.

Solved Solved
0 3 185
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can use the Chrome Developer Tools to recover the content:

1. Before you open the spec Open the Chrome Developer Tools (Open the Chrome Menu on the top right hand corner of the browser and select More tools -> Developer tools)
  2. Select the Network tab and filter only XHR calls:

6499-devtools.png

3. Navigate to the spec

4. Look for the content call and select the Preview tab, the raw content of the spec will be displayed:

6501-content.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You can use the Chrome Developer Tools to recover the content:

1. Before you open the spec Open the Chrome Developer Tools (Open the Chrome Menu on the top right hand corner of the browser and select More tools -> Developer tools)
  2. Select the Network tab and filter only XHR calls:

6499-devtools.png

3. Navigate to the spec

4. Look for the content call and select the Preview tab, the raw content of the spec will be displayed:

6501-content.png

Exactly what I needed! Thank you!

THE CAUSE

It was a typo in a specific object property definition.

# Inside definitions

Example:
    type: object
    properties:
        seo:
    	    properties:
     	        - $ref: '#/definitions/SEO'

The correct definition is:

# Inside definitions

Example:
    properties:
        seo:
	    $ref: '#/definitions/SEO'

SEO definition:

# Inside definitions

SEO:
    properties:
      title:
        type: string
      description:
      keywords:
      h1:

The crash happened just while I was refactoring the definition.

Thank you for the info. We will ensure this case is also resolved with the upcoming fix.