Apigee-sso and 2048 bit keys

Not applicable

So strange thing happened.. our default apigee admin password expired so we reset and also made sure it never expires again. Anyway, at a same time, apigee-sso stopped working. We were using a self signed 1024 bit key. So I decided to use a CA authority signed key but our security administrator said they were only signing 2048 bit certs, not 1024. So I generated a 2048 bit key and create a CSR for him to sign. I validated csr was valid via command "openssl req -noout -text -in server.csr". Now when I try to install apigee-sso with this 2048 bit cert, I get this error message

Failed to instantiate [org.cloudfoundry.identity.uaa.provider.saml.SamlLoginServerKeyManager]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not load service provider certificate. Check serviceProviderKey and certificate parameters

Question. Does apigee-sso have an issue using 2048 bit keys and certs?

the config file has correct path to key and certificate location.

Solved Solved
1 1 661
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

From the product perspective, it should work with 2048 bit keys and certs. Are there any intermediate certificates. In that case you may need to append your root CA and intermediate certificate in one cert file.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

From the product perspective, it should work with 2048 bit keys and certs. Are there any intermediate certificates. In that case you may need to append your root CA and intermediate certificate in one cert file.