How do you show / hide API Products on the App Registration page based on the logged in user / roles?

Not applicable

Within Edge, you can create several API Products such as Partners-Gold, Partners-Silver, and Partners-Bronze. When an app developer logs into the developer portal and the app developer is a Gold Partner, I want to only show the Partners-Gold api product on the register new app page.

Solved Solved
1 9 956
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear @hnacino1 ,

Yes, Its possible. You need to enable DevConnect Limit API Product by Role module in admin/modules list.

See screenshot below.

588-screen-shot-2015-06-13-at-12645-pm.png

Once you enabled the module, Navigate to "admin/config/devconnect/apiproduct-access" to configure API product vs Role permissions mapping. See screenshot below.

589-screen-shot-2015-06-13-at-12841-pm.png

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Dear @hnacino1 ,

Yes, Its possible. You need to enable DevConnect Limit API Product by Role module in admin/modules list.

See screenshot below.

588-screen-shot-2015-06-13-at-12645-pm.png

Once you enabled the module, Navigate to "admin/config/devconnect/apiproduct-access" to configure API product vs Role permissions mapping. See screenshot below.

589-screen-shot-2015-06-13-at-12841-pm.png

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

Hi, I still see the smartdocs of the APIs which are supposed to be private. Can we change the smartdocs display so that the docs of the specific API's that are restricted are not shown?

This works indeed great for enrolment to API products, since the products you are not autorized to see are not displayed during enrollment..

many thnx!

@jan.willem.hennink , Yes , You can do that. See related article here.

Hi @Anil Sagar

I have this module enabled and I also initially thought this will work for me. but huge disappointment when i came to know this module is controlling product listing on MyApp Registration only and not on product_listing (API Categories).

How do I restrict Product Category listing?

@Pravin , what do you mean my Product Category listing ? Are you talking about Smartdocs API documentation ?

@Anil Sagar

I mean the list of product we show as API categories. please refer the attached image.

3218-product-category.png

@Pravin , I have never seen above link / page in Apigee out of the box developer portal. For me it seems like a customization in developer portal. you need to talk to the team who did above customisation for more details.

Thanks @Anil Sagar

How about restricting API listing /apis that seems a default feature. APIs listing all smartdocs. can we restrict by role ?

@Pravin , Yes , you can do that. Take a look at article here.