SOAP TO REST service

Not applicable

I need to expose my service as SOAP for front consumers and convert it to REST for backend(REST)

So in my case case is reverse with below scenario

1. FrontEnd will send request as SOAP Request.

2. APIGEE proxy will convert SOAP request to REST.

3. APIGEE will send REST message to Backend.

Is this possible in APIGEE, Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks

Rajat

Solved Solved
0 3 962
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Rajat Agarwal ,

Yes, You can absolutely do that. But, I would suggest to ask your clients to update to REST. SOAP is legacy.

On how part, It's simple, You need to use Assign Message Policy. Just extract that params using Extract Variable Policy & Use Assign Message Policy to construct SOAP payloads.

It's just reverse of REST -> SOAP -> REST. You can just see the sample SOAP to REST API in Apigee & Change the policies position & the payload in Assign Message Policy to achieve the desired behaviour.

I strongly suggest to force your clients to upgrade to REST.

-------------------------------

Anil Sagar

5997-screen-shot-2017-11-23-at-75916-pm.png Learn Apigee Concepts in 4 Minutes HandsOn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Rajat Agarwal ,

Yes, You can absolutely do that. But, I would suggest to ask your clients to update to REST. SOAP is legacy.

On how part, It's simple, You need to use Assign Message Policy. Just extract that params using Extract Variable Policy & Use Assign Message Policy to construct SOAP payloads.

It's just reverse of REST -> SOAP -> REST. You can just see the sample SOAP to REST API in Apigee & Change the policies position & the payload in Assign Message Policy to achieve the desired behaviour.

I strongly suggest to force your clients to upgrade to REST.

-------------------------------

Anil Sagar

5997-screen-shot-2017-11-23-at-75916-pm.png Learn Apigee Concepts in 4 Minutes HandsOn

Thank you so much Anil and nice to hear from you after a long time.

yes we are in process of that, Actually ours is middleware system and we are making our middle ware in REST as a future ready services, once consumer applications are ready to consume REST we are good to go 🙂

Awesome, Keep us posted moving forward if any.