Is it possible to expose intranet webservice as an internet api with the security/authentication implemented ?

Not applicable

I have a .net based WebService which is hosted in company's internal environment which takes posts the uploaded file to the database. This service does the task for the internal users , I need to expose this service to the external users to be able to upload or pass the excel file as parameter and invoke this inetrnal service to perform database operation.

What steps need to be performed to acheive this with apigee ?

0 2 1,460
2 REPLIES 2

Yes.

If you use Apigee public cloud then you need to check if your webservice is reachable from internet. If you use Apigee private cloud you need to check if there is a network path within your intranet to reach the webservice.

Once you figure out the network reachability you can easily add the necessary policies in Apigee to adhere to your web service security mechanism. You can create an API proxy in Apigee (public cloud or private cloud) that proxies the request to your backend.

The excel file can remain as the input for your external API, however in the long term you can think of converting the input into a JSON payload and constructing the excel (or csv file) in Apigee. This would make the API easier to consume by your customers.

For the Private cloud I beleive I need to install few tools in my server for it to work which seems to be impossible, For the public cloud I need to have the url exposed to the internet which is a difficult option. Is their a sample to demonstrate or is their a possibility to expose intranet based web service without installing anything or exposing it on intranet to implement my scenario.How can user be able to browse a file on their machine and pass it on to my webservice via apigee ?