Exception during installation of on-premise Apigee

Hi All,

During a SA installation of Apigee version 4.14.06.02 we're running into the following issue. Because of this the management server doesn't start...

Any hints? 🙂

Thanks a million

-Guy

2015-06-12 13:04:28,464 org: env: main INFO  KERNEL.DEPLOYMENT - ServiceDeployer.startService() : ServiceDeployer.deploy() : Successfully started the service : CacheService
2015-06-12 13:04:28,690 org: env: main INFO  KERNEL.DEPLOYMENT - ServiceDeployer.startService() : ServiceDeployer.deploy() : Successfully started the service : UserService
2015-06-12 13:04:28,698 org: env: main INFO  KERNEL.DEPLOYMENT - ServiceDeployer.startService() : ServiceDeployer.deploy() : Successfully started the service : ResourceService
2015-06-12 13:04:28,705 org: env: main INFO  SERVICES.RBAC - LdapRepositoryDelegate.initializeNameSpace() : LdapRepositoryDelegate.initializeNameSpace(): Initializing NameSpace:SystemNamespace
2015-06-12 13:04:28,723 org: env: main ERROR KERNEL.DEPLOYMENT - ServiceDeployer.startService() : ServiceDeployer.deploy() : Got a life cycle exception while starting service [SecurityService, Invalid EmailId Password for authentication] : com.apigee.rest.framework.security.UnAuthorizedException{ code = usersandroles.InvalidEmailIdPasswordForAuthentication, message = Invalid EmailId Password for authentication, associated contexts = []}
2015-06-12 13:04:28,727 org: env: main ERROR KERNEL - MicroKernel.deployAll() : MicroKernel.deployAll() : Error in deploying the deployment : OrganizationService
com.apigee.rest.framework.security.UnAuthorizedException: Invalid EmailId Password for authentication
at com.apigee.rbac.datastore.ldap.LdapContextFactory.logAndThrowAuthnFailedException(LdapContextFactory.java:159) ~[rbac-1.0.0.jar:na]
at com.apigee.rbac.datastore.ldap.LdapContextFactory.createDirCtx(LdapContextFactory.java:94) ~[rbac-1.0.0.jar:na]
at com.apigee.rbac.datastore.ldap.LdapContextFactory.createLdapContext(LdapContextFactory.java:58) ~[rbac-1.0.0.jar:na]
at com.apigee.rbac.datastore.LdapRepositoryDelegate.createAndGetDirContext(LdapRepositoryDelegate.java:458) ~[rbac-1.0.0.jar:na]
at com.apigee.rbac.datastore.LdapRepositoryDelegate.initializeNameSpace(LdapRepositoryDelegate.java:493) ~[rbac-1.0.0.jar:na]
at com.apigee.rbac.datastore.LdapDataStore.initializeNameSpace(LdapDataStore.java:530) ~[rbac-1.0.0.jar:na]
at com.apigee.rbac.impl.UserServiceImpl.initialize(UserServiceImpl.java:101) ~[rbac-1.0.0.jar:na]
at com.apigee.security.usermanagement.UserManager.<init>(UserManager.java:49) ~[security-1.0.0.jar:na]
at com.apigee.security.SecurityManager.<init>(SecurityManager.java:72) ~[security-1.0.0.jar:na]
at com.apigee.security.SecurityServiceImpl.start(SecurityServiceImpl.java:63) ~[security-1.0.0.jar:na]
Solved Solved
1 7 1,217
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

i have seen similar errors, to overcome

>you need to stop all the services bin/all-stop.sh

>delete the APIGEE_HOME/*

>Install again and run the setup

During setup,

> make sure you use the same password for both sysadmin and ldap admin [you will notice 2 instances when you need to provide password]

> some tlds are not supported, make sure you use a common tld like .com for your email address

Usually this should solve it, if not let know we can debug further

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

i have seen similar errors, to overcome

>you need to stop all the services bin/all-stop.sh

>delete the APIGEE_HOME/*

>Install again and run the setup

During setup,

> make sure you use the same password for both sysadmin and ldap admin [you will notice 2 instances when you need to provide password]

> some tlds are not supported, make sure you use a common tld like .com for your email address

Usually this should solve it, if not let know we can debug further

Hi,

thanks a lot for the quick response. I tried the steps you provided, however it seems to result in the very same error. It would be great if you can enlighten me with some more options 🙂

The other thing I would probably make sure is the password is strong. i.e. includes uppercase,lowercase,numbers,special characters etc. I have seen issues with authentication because the password was weak

ok, at this point - I would recommend you to create a support ticket, with details around what version of opdk you are using. I am assuming its to do with the password or the tld, can you try installing with a simple credential [just to rule to any other wiring issues] like opdk@apigee.com:abcd1234??

Log says, InvalidEmailIdPassword for authentication. Does that help you ? I think it might be problem with LDAP wiring ..

Okay, so I started with a fresh install;

Redhat 6.6

I used Oracle jdk1.7.0_71 instead of jdk1.7.0_79

I used a different strong password

I used a @apigee.com email address, although I don't own one.

But it worked, thanks a lot :). Next weekend I'll check what the exact difference was.

This worked work me.. uninstalling and installing with a strong password. One more thing i did was uninstall the postfix after uninstalling the apigee.