Directory Structure of each Component of edge

Hi,

I want to create a pipeline for regular backup of each component. I want to understand what kind of data and configuration it stores in which folder. So that, I can plan based on data stored in that particular directory for each components.

also, Is it good to take backup of data of all server with same component as data will be same in all nodes for that component. I can understand that we need to take backup of configuration file as it will be different in all server for components. Again, configuration will not change quite often. So, Is regular backup for configuration backup make any sense?

I didn't find any document around directory structure for each component, can you help me in provide the information?

Thanks, Patel

0 2 384
2 REPLIES 2

Please refer documentation here for backup and restore tasks in an on-premises installation of Apigee Edge.

Hi Prasanth,

I have read those documentations but there is no documentation around what kind of data/file stores in which directory for each component. There is just high level information given regarding it.

Below things are mentioned in docs.

Creates a tar file of the following directories and files, where comp is the name of the component:

1. Directories
    • /opt/apigee/data/comp
    • /opt/apigee/etc/comp.d
  2. Files if they exists
    • /opt/apigee/token/application/comp.properties
    • /opt/apigee/customer/application/comp.properties
    • /opt/apigee/customer/defaults.sh
    • /opt/apigee/customer/conf/license.txt

Which is high level. I want to understand what kind of data will be stored in each directory. E.g. In data directory, what kind of data will be stored for each components (cassandra, zk, MP or any other components)

So that, I can understand criticality/importance of each folder for particular component.

Thanks,

Patel