Delayed Apigee analytics in Edge from Microgateway

There's a significant delay (about 12 mins) in seeing analytics in Apigee Edge for any traffic passing through Apigee Microgateway. Is there any way to reduce this delay and get more real time analytics in Edge? I've tried filtering result using the "hour" button in the analytics dashboard and by using the management API call [e.g.

https://api.enterprise.apigee.com/v1/o/{org}/environments/{env}/stats/apiproxy?timeRange=01/26/2018%...) ] but still do not see the analytics any faster. Does anyone else know of any other ways to see analytics faster?

Thank you.

0 2 318
2 REPLIES 2

Former Community Member
Not applicable

There are two factors that determine how quickly you can see MG analytics.

1. MG batches analytics requests and sends a batch of AX records to Edge. This is controlled by the bufferSize and bufferInterval parameters. By reducing it, you are effectively sending analytics more frequently to Edge. You can make it as small as a send AX for every API request. This obviously has performance implications.
  2. The second factor, there is a delay between analytics captured by Edge and the data showing up in the dashboard. This is not something you can control.

What behavior are you trying to identify with near-real time analytics?

@srinandans - thanks for your help. At this point we are only looking at if there are options to see analytics faster in edge UI. It's primarily to do some troubleshooting for our MG proxies that are producing intermittent errors during load tests, and I do not have a definite use of real-time analytics right now.

Thanks for your suggestion about bufferSize and flushInterval, I'll try reducing those and see if there are improvements.