APIGEE Platform Testing-needs the guide lines

Not applicable

APIGEE Platform Testing-needs the guide lines to test the Platform

0 8 377
8 REPLIES 8

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "test the platform" ?

A few sentences. Maybe an example or two.

thanks.

Few things that I can recollect.

• Infrastructure: Make sure the processes are running.
  • Messaging (Analytics) flow: Use output of qpid scripts to verify the message flow.
  • APIs/Traffic: Deploy some basic testing APIs which can be monitored via scripts or monitoring tools.

Apart from that if there is any thing specific that you are looking for, as @Dino commented please provide details. 🙂

Regards

Hi @Samandeep Singh,

I am new to APIGEE,can you please explain more about the first point and second point which you have mentioned in the above with one example to understand more about it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Swapna

Hi @swapna vellanki,

Let me try to explain but remember my example will be limited to the APIGEE setup that I have experience with.

Infrastructure: There are various process in the whole stack.

For example Cassandra, Zookeeper most of time in one server which are important for your traffic flow. So you can set a monitoring script (or using some Monitoring tool like nagios, etc) to monitor the state of process i.e. "ps -ef | grep cassandra" and also you can add some basic check on the ports they are listening to i.e. 9160 etc.

For Message Processor you can check the corresponding java or the nginx processes. Similarly for the other process like qpid, pgres, etc. you can setup same sort of monitoring and the port checks.

For ease, Apigee components are classified mainly into two categories:

● Apigee­specific Java Server Services – These include Management Server, Message Processor, Qpid Server, and Postgres Server.

● Third­party Services – These include Nginx Router, Apache Cassandra, Apache ZooKeeper, OpenLDAP, PostgresSQL database, and Qpid.

More details can be found on monitoring at

https://docs.apigee.com/sites/docs/files/ApigeeEdgePrivateCloud-Operations-Guide_v4.pdf#h.38czs75

Check "What to Monitor" chapter of the same.

Curl to check the status can be monitored on specific time intervals.

curl http://<host>:<port>/v1/servers/self/up

Regards,

Samandeep

Thanks @Samandeep Singh for the detailed info,I will look into it.

Not applicable

Like how to test the customized code which has been written in the policies and proxies.

Can you please suggest the testing tools to verify the functionality for these.

Thanks @Dom Couldwell for sharing the info.I will be looking into it.