Multiple Prod environmetns

Not applicable

Hi there,

1. Is there a possibility to have 2 developer portal environments which will point to one Org and will have clear isolation of API's from one dev portal to other.
  2. Is there a possibility of having 2 Prod environments and 2 developer portals with dedicated API's with in an ORG. Conclusion 2 organizations.
    1. ProdOrg
      1. ProdEnv1
      2. ProdEnv2
      3. Cert
    2. DevOrg
      1. Dev
      2. QA
  3. Can we have a 2 dedicated Orgs and 2 developer portal with a clear isolation of API's.
    1. ProdOrg1
      1. ProdEnv
      2. CertEnv
    2. ProdOrg2
      1. ProdEnv
      2. CertEnv
    3. DevOrg
      1. DevEnv
      2. QA Env
0 3 146
3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable
Hi Pradeep,
I am curious to know the real use cases behind your question. I have given our response below. Hope it helps.
  1. Is there a possibility to have 2 developer portal environments which will point to one Org and will have clear isolation of API's from one dev portal to other.

[Prakash] Yes, but that would be a very bad idea to do so. It is simply an overhead to maintain another stack of developer portal just simply to segregate the API's you can access. The best option in such case would be to have a single portal and have the APIs displayed based on the logged in user's roles. Please have a look at how you can achieve using role based access control here

1. Is there a possibility of having 2 Prod environments and 2 developer portals with dedicated API's with in an ORG. Conclusion 2 organizations.
    1. ProdOrg
      1. ProdEnv1
      2. ProdEnv2
      3. Cert
  2. DevOrg
    1. Dev
    2. QA

[Prakash]The way dev portal relationship to organization goes is 1 to 1, however having two separate portals for a single org is possible but a very bad idea to so. You could achieve that using RBAC as mentioned above.

1. Can we have a 2 dedicated Orgs and 2 developer portal with a clear isolation of API's.
    1. ProdOrg1
      1. ProdEnv
      2. CertEnv
    2. ProdOrg2
      1. ProdEnv
      2. CertEnv
    3. DevOrg
      1. DevEnv
      2. QA Env

[Prakash] Yes, having two separate orgs and dedicated portals for each is possible. I am interested to know more in the need for two separate production orgs, while you can do with one production org.

Prakash

Prakash,

Thank you for your Quick Reply.

Our API Sandbox is publicly available without login. Anyone can signup for Sandbox with out assigning specific API's. We have a business need to have different developer portal experience based on the URL, not on the login.

A specific set of users should see/access only set of API's. We thought having a dedicated Developer portal with the specific Sandbox (Uploading Swagger docs) will solve the problem.

Not applicable

Thanks for the details Pradeep. When the API's are not restricted by login, having two separate portals just separated by a URL wouldn't be helpful, as when anyone googles for your API's both the URL's may show up and everybody can see everything. It could potentially be confusing for the users as well.

So its best to explicitly list them as two separate API catalogues within your developer portal, so the user groups will be directed to specific API catalogues with clear message.

My apologies if i am failing to understand your needs here.