Npm package inside Javascript policy

Not applicable

Hi all,

I have a Javascript policy and currently it calls a javascript file, that is uploaded as a resource and is referenced as jsc://prepare-error-variables.js.

Now I want to make this file global and available for all proxies. I've tried shared flow, but it applies future changes immediately in runtime. And I need to be able to deploy changes for only one proxy at a time and on demand.

One idea is to extract prepare-error-variables.js to npm package and use it inside javascript policy. So if a proxy needs the latest version of that file, it can update the package.

The problem is that I have an error, when I reference the file in Javascript policy like this: node://prepare-error-variables.js (it only accepts jsc files).

Could you please suggest any workaround to using npm package inside JS policy? Or is there any way to share a file among proxies, without introducing runtime dependency as with the use of shared flow?

0 4 242
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Kirill Ianchuk,

How about versioning your shared flows, you can have The first version of the javascript file in shared flow named FC-Shared-JS-v1 while a later version 2 in a shared flow named FC-Shared-JS-v2, and then just update the <SharedFlowBundle> of your Flow Callout policies as you need in your api proxies to point to the needed version.

Hope it helps

Good idea! But is there an ability to force developers to create a new version of a shared flow every time and not to modify an existing version?

You can protect previous versions with RBAC using the management api

Thanks, I'll try that