Execution of ServiceCallout ServiceCalloutLog failed. Reason: timeout occurred in ServiceCalloutLog

Not applicable

I have a service callout that should make a post for a azure function. In a sample Edge project, the call works normal, however, in another that is not edge, the call does not work and the following error:

{
    "fault": {
        "faultstring": "Execution of ServiceCallout ServiceCalloutLog failed. Reason: timeout occurred in ServiceCalloutLog",
        "detail": {
            "errorcode": "steps.servicecallout.ExecutionFailed"
        }
    }
}

Here is my ServiceCallout:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<ServiceCallout async="true" continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="ServiceCalloutLog">
    <DisplayName>ServiceCalloutLog</DisplayName>
    <Properties/>
    <Request clearPayload="false" variable="myRequest">
        <Set>
            <Headers>
                <Header name="Accept">application/json</Header>
            </Headers>
            <Verb>POST</Verb>
            <Payload contentType="application/json" variablePrefix="@" variableSuffix="#">
                {
                    "a":"a"
                }
            </Payload>
        </Set>
        <IgnoreUnresolvedVariables>false</IgnoreUnresolvedVariables>
    </Request>
    <Response>calloutResponse</Response>
    <Timeout>500000</Timeout>
    <HTTPTargetConnection>
        <Properties/>
        <URL>https://ayrton-function.azurewebsites.net/api/HttpTriggerCSharp1?code=3TDNxVDdxmfXtzgABmaMvzyms1MNyWP4KxROq2Lcv7IBMrRg04I3xQ==</URL>
    </HTTPTargetConnection>
</ServiceCallout>

Someone can help me?

Solved Solved
0 2 2,582
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I don't know what the problem might be.

I used exactly the same configuration as you did.... and it works just fine for me.

You said

In a sample Edge project, the call works normal, however, in another that is not edge, the call does not work and the following error:

I don't understand "another that is not Edge". How can you have an Apigee Edge API Proxy that is not using Apigee Edge?

Maybe you mean "not Edge Saas" ? Is this a customer-managed installation of Edge?

If that's the case then I suspect a network connectivity issue. You're seeing timeouts because the MP in your customer-managed Edge does not have network access to reach ayrton-function.azurewebsites.net .

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I don't know what the problem might be.

I used exactly the same configuration as you did.... and it works just fine for me.

You said

In a sample Edge project, the call works normal, however, in another that is not edge, the call does not work and the following error:

I don't understand "another that is not Edge". How can you have an Apigee Edge API Proxy that is not using Apigee Edge?

Maybe you mean "not Edge Saas" ? Is this a customer-managed installation of Edge?

If that's the case then I suspect a network connectivity issue. You're seeing timeouts because the MP in your customer-managed Edge does not have network access to reach ayrton-function.azurewebsites.net .

"Maybe you mean "not Edge Saas" ? Is this a customer-managed installation of Edge?"

Yes, that's it.

"If that's the case then I suspect a network connectivity issue. You're seeing timeouts because the MP in your customer-managed Edge does not have network access to reach ayrton-function.azurewebsites.net ."

Thanks for the answer. I will check.