How do we add Test Case for Authentication request.

Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to create one test case for my API proxy which has Authentication call. As below.

1. Login to the app using username and Password. The login url is only accessible from the browser as part of getting the code from the IDP.
  2. once the code is received then further calls are sent.

In my 1st step, I have added login url in test case. once the url is hit then , the pop will be displayed, asking for credentials. To make this work do we have any option to execute this?

Help will be appreciated.

0 3 738
3 REPLIES 3

I'm not clear on what's happening. Do you have a sequence diagram you can share?

Also not clear on what you are asking. you wrote "do we have any option to execute this?" Can you clarify what you want to do? What would you like to see happen?

Hi Dino,

Thanks for the response.

I am actually looking for this.

1.Application hits the login url which will redirect to authentication page hosted on Azure AD.via api request and in response Azure will pop up the window asking for username and password.

2.once the authentication is entered Application is going to get the code from Azure in the url.

3.once the code is return in the uri we can fetch it and processed for the further call in TestCases.

I would like to execute the first two steps in the Testcases. Please let me know if you need further clarifications from me.

It sounds like you want to build tests for a web UI.

For that, I have used Selenium with good results. Try this for a tutorial.