I somehow screwed up postgresql on management server

Not applicable

for private cloud deployment, I initially installed everything fine (I installed without authentication for Cassandra). Everything worked, I was able to log into edge ui, developer portal, etc. All services were running. Then I decided to change the Cassandra password so I executed the command

apigee-service <component> store_cassandra_credentials -f /opt/apigee/config/apigee.cfg for various components.

This is a 5 node cluster. On management server I accidentally ran

apigee-service edge-postgres-server store_cassandra_credentials -f /opt/apigee/config/apigee.cfg (the management server does not have postgres server, only postgresql). Anyway, obviously, this gave an error... now, I cannot get postgresql to start on management server. it keeps saying server is dead. The directory /opt/apigee/data/apigee-postgresql/pgdata does not exist now.

I am thinking of just reinstalling (unless someone can give me a good solution)... I am thinking of just reinstalling the management component and it will reinstall postgresql.

Question. Will this destroy any of my current setup (the organization, virtual hosts, etc) I have already created?.. Will apigee delete or modify the existing property files for management server?.

Does anyone have a solution that does not involve reinstalling management component?

0 1 409
1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

Hi,

Postgreql (PG) is not part of the management components, it is part of the analytics pod. Reinstalling management server won't reinstall PG. In a 5-node topology PG is installed with the ps profile which installs Postgres Server (PS) and PG, commonly in node 4 (master) and node 5 (standby).

If you have already another PG running and is the standby you can follow handling-postgressql-database-failover. If there's an issue with PGs then QPIDD has enough memory to save the analytics msgs in the queues while it is fixed. This does not impact runtime traffic.

All your configuration is saved in Zookeepers and Cassandras so there's no problem modifying analytics or management componens.

Regards,

-Mauro