How do you create a mailto link on a portal page?

Not applicable

I'm trying to create a mailto link in an email page and it looks like it renders properly in the HTML, but when you click the link, it takes you to a Page Not Found error. Is there any trick to get this to work?

Here is what I tried using:

Please contact [Support](mailto:email@address.com) for assistance.
This renders in the HTML as:
Please contact <a href="mailto:email@address.com">Support</a> for assistance.

which looks correct to me, but the link takes you to a page not found message.

2 9 542
9 REPLIES 9

@Shawn Steward , Are you using Drupal based developer portal / light weight new developer portal that you can launch from Edge UI ?

It's the portal from Edge UI.

Have you confirmed that mailto: links work correctly in your browser on other sites?

Yes, I even copied and pasted the HTML output from the apigee portal to a plain HTML document on my local system and the mailto: link worked fine.

Not applicable

We're running into the same issue using the light weight developer portal. Has anyone figured out a solution to this?

I am also having this problem in lightweight Edge UI. Have tried both the markup syntax []() and just placed HTML. Hovering over the link shows the mailto:..., but we get the page not found. I am logged in, as other pages I have setup as access by log in only. There is an SMTP section in the Settings - but this should not affect mailto.

Looks like there are a few other similar posts - none with an answer. I guess current work around is to ask them to copy paste the email. 😞

See this page. Indicates that to avoid spam you should setup the SMTP server. https://community.apigee.com/articles/3591/developer-portal-not-sending-email.html

It looks like support link is rendered as a new page which doesn't exit. This should not be working for anyone till now. APIGEE support team can only confirm this. Please tag if you know anyone.

6455-mailto-support.jpg

Thanks you