Turn off APIs for planned outage-

Not applicable

Hi,

Is there any way to turn off APIs for planned outage? like disabling target servers or undeploying all APIs, so that the service is unavailable and throws "503 service unavailable". Please suggest a good solution for turning off APIs temporarily or during planned outage.

Thanks in Advance!

Thanks,

Murugan

1 4 268
4 REPLIES 4

@dll , Great Question,

You can achieve same in multiple ways. One way i recommend is using shared flows. Have a shared flow with Raise Fault Policy which throws custom 503 payload response.

Attach the same shared flow in any API which you would like to take into maintenance mode using flow callout policy. You can have turn on / turn off setting in KVM which will be used to activate shared flow in API.

You can absolutely do that & even better if you automate leveraging Management APIs, KVM, Shared Flows.

Hope it helps.

Yes, we have customers who do exactly as Anil has described. They call it the "maintenance switch".

Not applicable

Thanks a lot Anil & Dino

Not applicable

Thanks Anil. can you suggest me where the raise fault policy should sit? is it before the spikeArrest/Quato or the first policy in the API pre flow? hope you are getting my question.?