Is there a way to send email blast to all the active developers?

anton

Now that I have issues with the SSL certs that I mentioned earlier today, and the API gateway is effectively down I need to notify all the active developers (those who used the APIs during the last X days).

Is there a way to send email to all of them?

Also in a broader sense - is there a way to allow developers to opt-in/opt-out for notifications of this kind during sign up and later?

Thanks,

Anton.

Solved Solved
1 8 283
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, and Yes.

I assume you're using the Drupal-based devportal.

There are several ways you could do this, but the simplest is probably with the Actions + Trigger modules which are part of Drupal core. Here is a quick hint on this approach. It's not complicated so you ought to be able to do this in a few moments.

The basic idea is, after you've got your Rule set up, then Create a blog post stating "our APIs are unavailable temporarily", and then the email should get sent out to all users of the role you specified.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Yes, and Yes.

I assume you're using the Drupal-based devportal.

There are several ways you could do this, but the simplest is probably with the Actions + Trigger modules which are part of Drupal core. Here is a quick hint on this approach. It's not complicated so you ought to be able to do this in a few moments.

The basic idea is, after you've got your Rule set up, then Create a blog post stating "our APIs are unavailable temporarily", and then the email should get sent out to all users of the role you specified.

I'm not sure a role based approach will work in this scenario. The developer role is assigned and unassigned based on the current context that user is in. They are only assigned the developer role when they are viewing a company they are a developer in. Once the user logs out the role is unassigned.
I'm not sure what the best approach is for this, based on the users on the site it may be sufficient to base the rule on last login time, or a new role that is not assigned may be needed.

I think the statement that "once the user logs out the role is unassigned" is not true.

The hint said, I think, to use a new role that applies to all users. That works, right?

The Apigee developer role is unassigned from a user when they log out and reassigned when they log in and switch to a company context that they are a developer in.

Yes, using a new role that is not dependent on the current context would work

It may be possible to leverage the Mass Contact module (https://www.drupal.org/project/mass_contact) to accomplish this

To allow users to subscribe and unsubscribe from notifications, the Notifications module (https://www.drupal.org/project/notifications) may be worth looking into.

Hey @Anton+Bar When you Active user, Which means what ..?

* Are you talking about user who are available in Block / Active state in admin user listing Page..?

OR

* Currently logged in user [user who currently logged in to the Dev portal]

if i'm not wrong then you must be looking for the Currently logged in user. there are many ways to achieve either from rule or from custom code.

in Drupal Core Session table holds the data of active user list. do query to get the list of active UID's and send an email notification incase your API is down.

Looking to contact all Active users.