Microgateway re-installation and start up issue

I did installed Microgateway one time positively, after some unit testing, while trying to debug an issue , i force closed the terminal while microgateway was running(my bad:( ), without proper stop command. From then onwards whenever i try to start, getting following message

current nodejs version is v8.9.1

current edgemicro version is 2.5.8

Edgemicro seems to be already running.

If the server is not running, it might because of incorrect shutdown of the prevous start.

Try removing /Users/vgadikota/edgemicro.sock and start again

I couldnt find above mentioned folder/file(/edgemicro.sock)to remove

I literally tried more than 10 times, deleting edgemicro files, re-installing , re-configuring, still no luck.

How can i clean it up and do a proper install one more time? Please suggest.

Solved Solved
0 5 333
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Community Member
Not applicable

the file edgemicro.sock is created in the folder where you ran the start command. It is a hidden file, so you may want to use “ls -la” to see the file. Delete it and you should be able start MG again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Community Member
Not applicable

the file edgemicro.sock is created in the folder where you ran the start command. It is a hidden file, so you may want to use “ls -la” to see the file. Delete it and you should be able start MG again.

Thank you @srinandans! it worked, appreciate your help.

Not applicable

@Vidheer Gadikota @srinandans

After removing edgemicro.sock and again try to start , it is given error -

Error: listen EACCES /usr/local/edgemicro.sock

Vidher: Where from you start the Microgateway? Is it /usr/local ? I tried to start from the /usr/local as well as /home but still the same issue.

it was from /usr/local

as per my knowledge EACCESS error happens when you are supposed to run as root, trying starting with sudo.

Not applicable

@Vidheer Gadikota

I tried to start from the /usr/local using sudo like below -

sudo edgemicro start -o organizationName-e environmentNmae-k keyValue -s secretValue

The error is - " /usr/bin/env: node: No such file or directory "