Error while installing management server on redhat linux 7.4, on premise

Not applicable

Ok, so trying to install management server, apigee on premise.

Trying to install apigee 4.17.09, management server and components.

Installing as root, installing from /opt/apigee directory.

This is last few lines of output

Validating setup variables

Checking for required variables

Checking required variable ZK_HOSTS...OK

Checking required variable ZK_CLIENT_HOSTS...OK

Checking required variable CASS_HOSTS...OK

Checking required variable HOSTIP...OK

Checking required variable MSIP...OK

Checking required variable REGION...OK

Checking required variable ADMIN_EMAIL...OK

Checking for optional variables

Found optional variable LICENSE_FILE...OK

Found optional variable APIGEE_ADMINPW...Unknown

Found optional variable APIGEE_LDAPPW...Unknown

Found optional variable LDAP_PORT...OK

Found optional variable APIGEE_PORT_HTTP_MS...OK

Found optional variable MP_POD...OK

Error: setup.sh: /opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service exited with unexpected status 1

As you can imagine, this error is not helpful to me.

One thing, Trireme is not yet installed but I did not think that has any impact on install (let me know if I am wrong).

Anyone has any ideas on what I should check for or what this error could be?.

Thanks.

Solved Solved
0 5 471
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Here's the error:

It looks like the APIGEE_ADMINPW and APIGEE_LDAPPW variables are invalid. Can you check the response file to ensure that those variables meet password strength guidelines? The full response file reference is at https://docs.apigee.com/private-cloud/latest/edge-configuration-file-reference.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

I should mention the management directory was created with subdirectories bin, init.d, lib, source, token and webapps. Also, this is a 5-cluster deployment.

Here's the error:

It looks like the APIGEE_ADMINPW and APIGEE_LDAPPW variables are invalid. Can you check the response file to ensure that those variables meet password strength guidelines? The full response file reference is at https://docs.apigee.com/private-cloud/latest/edge-configuration-file-reference.

Not applicable

You are correct. It was due to me leaving those two variables unpopulated in my configuration file. once populated, install worked.

Can some one please help me with the below error :
Service setup edge-router Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile * base: mirrors.ocf.berkeley.edu * epel: d2lzkl7pfhq30w.cloudfront.net * extras: mirrors.ocf.berkeley.edu * updates: mirror.hostduplex.com No packages marked for update Checking for required variables Checking required variable ZK_CLIENT_HOSTS...Invalid hostname Checking required variable REGION...OK Checking for optional variables Found optional variable MP_POD...OK Error: setup.sh: /opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service exited with unexpected status 1

Not applicable

The zookeeper hostname is invalid. So, please correct that.