Hi Team, Is there any way to call the APIGEE policies from any external tool or language. Please help me on this.

Not applicable

Hi Team,

Is there any way to call teh APIGEE policies from any external tool or language.

Please help me on this.

Thanks,

Swapna

Solved Solved
0 4 139
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @swapna vellanki, AFAIK we cannot call Apigee policies from external tool or language. Please explain your usecase/requirement, so that we can understand and help you out.

We generally use policies within an API Proxy. You can call these proxies from external tool or language.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @swapna vellanki, AFAIK we cannot call Apigee policies from external tool or language. Please explain your usecase/requirement, so that we can understand and help you out.

We generally use policies within an API Proxy. You can call these proxies from external tool or language.

Not applicable

Hi @Siddharth Barahalikar,

API Proxy has many policies in it.so as a tester I have to test the proxies and policies.

Please correct me if I am wrong and My team also new to APIGEE.

If possible ,can you give us the External tool or language names to test the proxies..

Thanks,

Swapna

@swapna vellanki, proxies are Rest Services and can be tested using variety of tools.

Ex: Postman, RestClient in Browsers, cURL, Httpie etc.,

For testing a proxy you should know one or all the below things,

• The URL of the API proxy endpoint.
  • Any query parameters, headers, or body parameters passed in a request.
  • Any required authentication and authorization credentials.
  • The format of the response, including the response data format, such as XML or JSON.

As a tester one should be testing the proxy. In case of errors each policy gives an unique error message or we can also customize the error messages & codes and analyse them.

Not applicable

Thanks @siddharth Barahalikar for your clear description.