response.content variable not visible in message logging policy in post client flow

Here is the snippet of messageLogging policy

<MessageLogging name="logMessageHere">

<File>

<Message>This is a test message. request : {request.content} response : {response.content}</Message>

<FileName>test.log</FileName>

<FileRotationOptions rotateFileOnStartup="true">

<FileRotationType>size</FileRotationType>

<MaxFileSizeInMB>10</MaxFileSizeInMB>

<MaxFilesToRetain>10</MaxFilesToRetain>

</FileRotationOptions>

</File>

<MessageLogging>

Post Client flow

<PostClientFlow>

<Response>

<Step>

<Name>logMessageHere</Name>

</Step>

</Response>

</PostClientFlow>

When we submit the request, noticed response.content is not logged in the test.log. Before getting into post client flow, response.content is cleared (emptied)

Apigee version OPDK 4.19.09

2 4 334
4 REPLIES 4

Hi -

I'm guessing you're on 4.17.09, since we have not yet hit 2019 yet. I think.

Anyway I'm sorry to hear you're having this problem. Clearing a variable certainly is a surprise to me.

Can you try copying the response.content to another variable prior to the postclientflow, for example in the response postflow ? Copy it to "saved_request_content" or something like that. Then use your message logign policy to log THAT. Does it work?

@Dino

I am also facing the same issue where I am unable to capture message.content/response.content in message logging policy. I am able to log in when I save the same to another variable before message logging. Please let me know if this is a bug and if it can be fixed.

Hi @potturiprasanth @GargiTalukdar

If you have enabled streaming , then you will not be able to see the content even if you are logging . Make sure you haven't enabled it.

@potturiprasanth I am seeing this is issue in Version 4.17.09.00. Please let me know if you are still seeing this issue.