Nested Step achievable in Apigee?

Hi Techies!

I would like to if Apigee has included it's long waiting feature "Nested Step". I like to achieve something below. Kindly advise me if it is possible having latest version of Apigee edge. Many thanks!

I appreciate your early response.

Below is the Nested Step I would like to achieve.

<Step>

<Step> <Name>ExtractId</Name> </Step>

<Step> <Name>ValidateId</Name> </Step>

<Step> <Name>JsonErrorTemplate</Name><Condition>(isError == "true")</Condition> </Step>

<Condition>( grant_type="client_credentials")</Condition>

</Step>

Solved Solved
0 5 756
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Mathanprasath k ,

Last I checked, nested steps are not available in the latest version — and not sure if that feature is on the product roadmap. However, looking at your intention, there is a way to do what you want to do.

First, create a shared flow with those three policies plus that one condition (isError). Next, in the pre-flow of your proxy, add a Flow Callout with the (client_credentials) condition. That configuration should achieve what you are after.

If this answer helps, please click accept.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Want to achieve this in Proxy Pre-flow

Hi @Mathanprasath k ,

Last I checked, nested steps are not available in the latest version — and not sure if that feature is on the product roadmap. However, looking at your intention, there is a way to do what you want to do.

First, create a shared flow with those three policies plus that one condition (isError). Next, in the pre-flow of your proxy, add a Flow Callout with the (client_credentials) condition. That configuration should achieve what you are after.

If this answer helps, please click accept.

I tried making nested shared flow by calling shared flow within other shared flow. Any shared flow can then be called from Flow callout.

Thanks @Shoban Sriram for your response.