apigee_nonmint_company: developers loosing 'Developer' role after clicking Logout button

Not applicable

The following module was installed to our DevePortal: apigee_nonmint_company

After the installation - 'Developer' users loosing their role after pressing Logout button

Please help!

Is it a knowing issue?

Solved Solved
0 7 303
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, this is known functionality. The developer (and company administrator) role is assigned based on the current company the user is viewing. If the user is currently viewing a company they are a developer in, they are assigned the developer role. Once they log out the role is removed and will be reassigned when they log in.

This allows users to have different roles in different companies - they can be a company admin in one company and have a set of permissions for that company and be a developer in another company with a different set of permissions.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Yes, this is known functionality. The developer (and company administrator) role is assigned based on the current company the user is viewing. If the user is currently viewing a company they are a developer in, they are assigned the developer role. Once they log out the role is removed and will be reassigned when they log in.

This allows users to have different roles in different companies - they can be a company admin in one company and have a set of permissions for that company and be a developer in another company with a different set of permissions.

You are saying: "Once they log out the role is removed and will be reassigned when they log in."

My problem is that when they log out 'Developer' role permanently disappears and they are not able to access neither company nor their own applications at all. The only workaround is when Admin re-assign 'Developer' role back to them.

Am i missing something in the configuration?

in our business model we do not allow clients to have multiple roles. They send us requests - we setup company, developers under companies and apps for them.

They can have applications linked to their profiles or on company level - the applications is created by us. We do not allow developers to create apps.

whenever developer accepting invitation or leaving the company or pressing 'Logout' the show ends

I think I got the concept! The rule is simple: Developer cannot have applications on her/his own. Only provisioned over Company. is it correct?

"My problem is that when they log out 'Developer' role permanently disappears and they are not able to access neither company nor their own applications at all. The only workaround is when Admin re-assign 'Developer' role back to them."

Are they able to log in after logging out? They will not be assigned the Developer role/be able to see the company apps until they switch to that company context (for example by using the company switcher drop down). Once they are in that context they should have the Developer role.

"The rule is simple: Developer cannot have applications on her/his own. Only provisioned over Company. is it correct?"

This is incorrect, a user can create apps under their user without being associated with any company, they just won't have access to any apps created under a company.

thanks for the explanation!

In this case I have another question. Is it possible to not have 'Developer' profile pre-selected in the 'Switch Company' menu? Can we have 'Switch Company' there instead? Our users struggling with that.

There is no way to do it with the standard Apigee Install, but could be achieved with some custom development.

Thanks a lot!