Error KVM Policy after migrate to on premise - Error while decrypting encrypted kvm

Hi Everyone,

My client just finished migration from cloud to on premise.

Using the same proxy bundle, the proxy works fine in apigee cloud, but not in apigee on premise.

The error is in KVM Policy, it said "error while decrypting encrypted kvm"

This is the screenshot from the trace:

6009-error-kvm-edited.jpg

note: I can't share the proxy bundle because of company policy.

Can someone explain why it happened and how to solve this issue?

Regards,

Yoga

Solved Solved
0 2 158
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Looks like you're using Apigee Edge 4.17.09.00 .

This has the encrypted KVM capability.

But it is not possible to "migrate" data from one encrypted KVM into another. It is not possible to read the encrypted KVM administratively, therefore the "migration" process would not have moved the KVM data.

This means you would have had to manually populate the KVM data into the new environment. Have you done that?

You didn't mention it, so I'm thinking you didn't do it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Looks like you're using Apigee Edge 4.17.09.00 .

This has the encrypted KVM capability.

But it is not possible to "migrate" data from one encrypted KVM into another. It is not possible to read the encrypted KVM administratively, therefore the "migration" process would not have moved the KVM data.

This means you would have had to manually populate the KVM data into the new environment. Have you done that?

You didn't mention it, so I'm thinking you didn't do it.

You're right @Dino

The KVM value is ******, but it was not encrypted value. It just * character carried over to on premise, not the encrypted value.

However, I was expecting another error instead of "error decrypting" since decrypting stuff is handled by apigee, not the developer.

Hope this post will help other user too, Thank you Dino.